Searching for a home is often a collaborative effort in which “teams” of spouses, parents and children, etc. work with a broker to find the perfect home. Buyfolio was conceived to help these teams collaborate and communicate more effectively. “But wait,” many of you brokers said, “We work in teams too!” Indeed you do, and today we launched Team Support for brokers:
- Brokers can add other brokers to a client folio by entering another broker’s email address during the folio creation, or using the Folio Settings edit feature. We’ll identify the different types of folio users as seen in the picture at right. *Make sure that any brokers you add already have an account at Buyfolio.
- Brokers will share their search results. For example, if there are 15 new listings for a particular folio, all the brokers don’t need to spend time reviewing them, so, shortly after one of the brokers views the new listings, we clear the count of new results. No duplication of effort!
- In the folio, if another broker adds a new note for the client, we’ll mark that comment as “New” for all other brokers linked to that folio.
- In the Activity Log, brokers will be able to see all the other broker’s actions (along with the client and system actions). *You can use our new filters to only show the activity that interests you most.
- And finally, you may be wondering who’s name and pretty picture will be featured at the top of the client’s folio and in the iPhone app. Well, the early bird gets the worm – the first broker attached to the folio will have his or her name listed.
As the diagram below illustrates, we’ve separated the Broker Team’s search parameters and search results from the Homebuyer Team’s. We recognize that brokers and homebuyers might like to search differently and privately. We wanted each team to have their very own search. But, of course, any listing that either team adds will go to the shared folio. The search results for BOTH teams will also highlight any listings that are already in the folio, so there is never a risk of anyone adding a listing that already exists in the folio. Go Team!